- Establishment of laboratory facilities for handling emerging influenza viruses.
- Operation and management high-containment (BSL-3) laboratory.
- Course co-ordinator, M.Sc. Virology course.
- M.Sc. Virology (Virology curriculum) at NIV, Pune. Course coordinator, Faculty, Guide, co-guide for M.Sc., Ph.D. programmes.
- M.Sc. Microbiology: Visiting faculty, Microbiology Dept., Pune University.
- Faculty in National and International workshops and training programmes.
Contribution to books
- Mullick J, Pawar SD. Avian Influenza (Book Chapter), In National Institute of Virology’s Golden to Diamond Jubilee: The Glorious Decade. Dec. 2012, Pp. 35-63.
- Wild Orchids of Northern-Western Ghats, Eds. Dr Satish Pande, Niranjan Sant, Vivek Vishwasrao, Mandar Datar, Published by Ela Foundation (2011). (ISBN 978-81-906955-4-1). Contribution acknowledged in this book.
- Pawar SD. Avian Influenza (Book Chapter) in Basic Ornithology: Lecture notes for the Certificate Course in Basic Ornithology. Jointly conducted by MES Abasaheb Garware College Pune and Ela Foundation, Pune. Ed. Satish Pande, 225-233, 2008.
- Experience as an editor: Worked as an editor for an international Ayurved Journal Deerghayu International, vol 16-IV, issue no 64, Oct-Dec.2000.
- Mishra AC, Pawar SD. Swine origin H1N1 Influenza, Swine Flu Manual, IMA (Pune Chapter), October 2009, 22-24.
- Shailesh Pawar. Epidemic investigations in NIV: My Experiences. Published in NIVIA Annual Federation convocation meeting, NIV, Pune, India, 2005.
- Shailesh Pawar. Mucosal immunity and its importance in combating diseases. Deerghayu International, 16-IV, 64, Oct-Dec.2000.
- Shailesh Pawar. Emergence of antibiotic resistant super-bugs. Deerghayu International, 16-III, 63, July-Sept. 2000.
- BK Apte, Shailesh Pawar. Ecoimmunonutrition. Deerghayu International, 16-IV, 64, Oct-Dec.2000.
- Bird flu: Sakal Newspaper, February 1998.
- Plague: Dainik Prabhat Newspaper, 29th Sept 1994.
Newspaper articles on our work
- Avian influenza viruses circulating locally in West Bengal: NIV study. Sakaal Times, Aug 21, 2012.
- Poultry workers in city vulnerable to Avian Flu H9N2, finds NIV study. Sakaal Times, July 19, 2012.
- H11N1 strain isolated in one Eurasian Spoonbill: Report. The Times of India, Jan 4, 2011.
- Are migratory birds behind avian influenza virus? The Indan Express, Jan 30, 2008.
- Electrocution may be a cause for falling number of vultures. The Times of India, Feb 22, 2011.