YOGESH K. GURAV
of Joining ICMR:
||6th July 2007
of Joining Present Post:
||5th September 2008
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF VIROLOGY
20-A, DR.AMBEDKAR ROAD P.B. NO.11
PUNE - 411001 .
||Flat No-2/52,NIV Staff Quarters,Skim-10,Sector
- M.D. in 2003 (Preventive & Social Medicine), Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad, India.
- M.B.B.S. in 1997 from, Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad, India.
SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- Epidemiology of viral diseases, field investigations & research planning, management and coordination
- Surveillance of human influenza cases as a member of Central RRT member in Avian Influenza (H5N1) Outbreaks
- Investigation of outbreaks of viral and suspected viral aetiology
- Sero-epidemiological surveys: Chandipura viral encephalitis, pandemic influenza A(H1N1)2009
- Clinical and case studies: Chandipura viral encephalitis
- Japanese encephalitis, Hepatitis, Chikungunya fever and Dengue fever
- Social studies including KABP studies: STDs· Dissertation on dental and skeletal fluorosis
of Professional Societies/Associations :
- Life Member
- Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine
- Indian Public Health Association
- Institutional Bio-safety Committee (IBSC) of NIV, Pune
Conferences attended and research paper presented:
a) At International level
International Conference on viral diseases at IARI, New Delhi between 11th and 14th December 20071.“Chandipura Viral Encephalitis outbreaks in Children in Nagpur Division, Maharashtra, India”
b) At National Level
34 th Annual national conference of IAPSM (Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine) dated 22-24 February 2007 at AIIMS, New Delhi.
1) Child labours in urban slums of Karad.
2) Drug abuse among medical students.
(XXXII Annual national conference of IAPSM & XII annual conference of MCIAPSM 17 th -19 th Feb 2005 at Loni, Ahmednager )
1) Morbidity profile and psychosocial needs of geriatric population in Narsingpur village of rural western Maharashtra.
2) A study of dental and skeletal fluorosis among children in Aurangabad district of Marathwada region.
3) Study of drug abuse among the medical and related professionals.
(XXIX Annual conference of IAPSM & IX Annual conference of Maharashtra chapter of IAPSM at MGIMS, Sewagram.15th -17th Feb 2002)
1) A study of patient satisfaction in relation to services by immunization and anti rabies center at GMC Aurangabad
2) Study of STD patients attending STD clinic at Government Medical College Hospital, Aurangabad with special reference to sociodemographic variables and high risk behaviour
3) Prevalence of Anaemia in college girls at Aurangabad.
At State Level:
(Joint annual conference of I.P.H.A.& XIII Maharashtra chapter of I.A.P.S.M. 14-15 th Oct 2005 at Dr.V.M.GMC, Solapur)
1) A study of hepatitis E outbreak in rural area of Western Maharashtra. (Annual conference of IPHA ( Maharashtra Branch )& annual conference of K.K.M.S. branch of I.A.P.S.M. At GMC, Kolhapur 31 st july- 1 st August 2004.)
2) Morbidity profile and health related practices among rural population of Narsingpur village in Western Maharashtra
3) Some epidemiological aspect of dental and skeletal fluorosis among children Sundarwadi village of Marathwada.
4) Study of school environment from Karad city.(State conference of Indian Public Health Association ( Maharashtra Branch ) 22 nd & 23 rd Nov 2001 at G.M.C. Aurangabad.)
1) Awareness of college girls about special health education campaign organized by Goverenment of Maharashtra in Aug-Sept 2001.
2) Profile of STD patients attending STD clinic at Govt. Medical College Hospital Aurangabad.
1. Fogarty AITRP & MGIMS International workshop on “Applied Infectious Diseases Epidemiology” Jan 2 nd-5 th, 2006 at MGIMS, Sewagram, Maharashtra.
2. “HIV Clinical Care Workshop”organised by NARI, Pune & John Hopkins University School of Medicine Baltimore, USA. On 5th April 2005 at Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan, Pune.
1.Applied Biosafety Training Programme by Emory University NSITE,USA from 16th to 20th February 2009 at NIV,Pune
2. Approach to Clinical research workshop organized by Moving Academy of Medicine and Biomedicine on 21st to 24th January 2009
3. Preliminary training for working in High Containment Laboratory from 7thto 8th January 2009 at NIV,MCC,Pune
4. SPSS 15.0, Training Programme organized by SPSS South Asia and School of Management Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad between 7th and 9th September 2007.
5. Workshop on “Trends in Oncology” by Moving Academy of Medicine and Biomedicine on 3 rd - 6 th March 2005 at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune. Maharashtra
State / Regional:
1. Symposium on “Diabetes Mellitus” at Shri V.N.G.M.C.,Yavatmal on 5 th Feb 2006
2. Work shop on “Pre Natal Sex Determination Technique, social implication and PNDT Act” at Shri V.N.G.M.C.,Yavatmal on 24 th Jan 2006.
3. Symposium on “Building partnership for sustainable elimination of iodine deficiency disorder in India”. On 4 th-5 th September, at Nagpur.
4. Medical Ethics and Integrated Teaching. On 12 th -13 th March 2005 at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
5. Workshop on “Personal and Professional Development” on 10/03/2005 at KIMS, Karad
6. Workshop on “Research Methodology” on 18/01/2005 at KIMS, Karad
7. Workshop on “Integrated Diseases Surveillance Programme” Organised by Sow. Venutai Chavan Cottage Hospital, Karad on 14th Sept. 2004 at Karad.
8. Workshop on “Communication Skills in Health” at GMC, Nanded on 1st-2nd August 1994.
· Award of completion. Biosafety Level 3 Safety Training by Emory university (USA) NSITE Applied Biosafety Training Program at NIV, Pune. February 2009.